Sunday 13 August 2017

99) Dyffryn Chapel, Ffrwdwyllt Street, Port Talbot

I've been away for my annual trip to Spain for almost the last fortnight, and that's why I haven't posted in that time. All the sketches I made while I was away were sketches of Spain, for rather obvious reasons.

This is Dyffryn Chapel, which I believe must be one of the largest chapels in Port Talbot. It's a grade II listed building, and disused at the moment. There's been several stories about it in the last couple of decades, but I don't know how true it is that I was bought by a developer who was then refused planning permission to convert it into dwellings. 

The chapel is situated right by the river Ffrwdwyllt - unpronounceable for anyone like me who was brought up in England, I'm afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...