Tuesday 4 July 2017

68) Outside the Somerset Arms on a sunny Sunday Evening


I thought long and hard about how whether to sketch much of the pub itself, but decided on reflection that the pub really isn’t the story, while the people are. Which is not to say that the Somerset Arms itself isn’t worth sketching, since it is. But the story is basically that on any sunny Sunday early evening both this, and the forecourt of the Old Surgery on the other side of the main road, are full of life, full of people. I felt more drawn to the Somerset because the Old Surgery at the time was full of a much younger crowd, and I felt more comfortable sketching people of a comparable vintage to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...