Friday 21 July 2017

89) Bar Gallois, Aberavon

Almost 30 years ago I made my first tentative steps in the world of quizzing. My talent was spotted and I was invited to play in a team in the Port Talbot Quiz League. It was after the league and Cup grand finals in the Jersey Beach Hotel - since demolished - that our triumphant team adjourned to this very pub. In those days it was called the High Tide. This was a Friday evening, and it really was my first ever experience of what I believe is commonly known as a 'grab-a-granny' night. That was an experience.

Well, since then the Bar Gallois has changed hands, changed names, and gone upmarket, and it's a very popular fixture on the local restaurant circuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...