Thursday 27 July 2017

93) Footbridge along the Afan, between Velindre and Cwmavon


A little further down the path which runs between Ynys y Gored and the river, you come to this metal footbridge. I have seen anglers fishing from the bridge, and from the sides, but none were there when I made this sketch. In the summer it can be a very pleasant walk along the path as far as Cwmavon, although a few days of rain can render it very muddy. When my children were young, I used to take them just past the bridge where there was the most fantastic place for skimming stones across the river – not when anyone was fishing, mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...