Monday 31 July 2017

97) J.D.Wetherspoons Lord Caradoc

An impulse sketch this one. Two of my daughters told me that they were taking my grandchildren out to breakfast at Wetherspoons, and would I like to come. On a whim I took the A4 sketchbook with me, and I made this sketch of the interior of the bar/restaurant while the nippers were chowing down. I think my daughters were a little put out that I was concentrating on the sketch so much, consider my wrists duly slapped. As for the name of the bar, well Caradoc ap Iestyn was reputedly the first Lord of Fan, who built the original motte and bailey castle, commemorated in the names of nearby Bailey Street and Castle Street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...