Monday 31 July 2017

96) McDonalds Aberavon

Yes, friends, if we're trying to show Port Talbot - and indeed any UK town of any size - in all of its many faces, then we cannot ignore fast food, in this case McDonalds, the daddy of them all. I'm old enough to remember the first McDonalds opening in the UK in the mid 70s - believe me, before that burger bars in the UK were a disgrace to the name, and I arrived in Port Talbot quite a long time before McDonalds did. I know that a lot of people dislike McDonalds because they are a symbol of the corporate world which is robbing towns of their individuality. Thing is though, if people didn't like it, then it wouldn't be here, and if it IS here, then it's fair game for a sketcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...