Sunday 16 July 2017

83) Port Talbot Hospital

I remember that there was talk of a new hospital being built on Baglan Moors when my oldest daughter was born in the old Neath Hospital in 1986. Finally, 17 years later, the hospital opened, in 2003. If I'm totally honest with you, the architecture did, and still does remind me of a motorway service station - come to think of it so does the inside - only on a rather larger scale. I don't mean to be horrible. As a building I find it totally inoffensive, and if the worst you can say about it is that it is a little generic, at least it's not a totally characterless box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...