Sunday 23 July 2017

90) Apple Green Petrol Station Renovation, Talbot Road


For most of the time I’ve lived in Port Talbot, this petrol station was under the Texaco branding, and frankly, the only thing you could say about it was that it was convenient, especially after we moved to live in Talbot Road ourselves. Cheap, it was not – in fact let’s call a spade a spade, I think it was amongst the most expensive fuel in town, and I’ve no idea how it kept going as long as it did. Then it was taken over by Applegreen, a UK based chain of petrol stations, and suddenly the prices became a lot more competitive. So much so that I even started buying my morning paper there, just as a way of showing support. Currently the station is being rebuilt to  include a Subway takeaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...