Sunday 9 July 2017

76) Gibeon Congregational Church, Taibach


I found this building while I was looking at the former Picturedrome Cinema (Number 71) Former Picturedrome Cinema, Taibach).


To be fair, Port Talbot is not short of a choice of places of worship, but of the older ones, this is one of the best looked after – well, judging by the exterior, anyway. Sometimes you start to research the places that you’ve sketched and it’s relatively easy to find basic details about when it was  built, and any significant happenings involving it. Then other times you just end up drawing a blank, as I did with the Gibeon. I used this sketch for a demonstration of method that beginners could use to construct a sketch of a building, which is why you might notice pencil lines on this one. Normally I don’t use pencil at all when I make a sketch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...