Monday 24 July 2017

91) Masonic Hall, Forge Road

People can get a bit funny about the Freemasons. I'm not a member, and am unlikely to ever be invited to become one, but that doesn't mean that I have any axe to grind about what is, I honestly believe, first and foremost a charity organisation. As for the hall itself, it's on the NPT register of listed buildings, and is Grade II listed. That's about all I could find out about it. A website suggests that it was built between the two world wars, and looking at the architecture I'd concur with that, although would suggest the 20s rather than the 30s. There was an extra pleasure making this line and wash sketch, since I made it on the first day of the summer holidays from the school in which I teach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...