Saturday 24 June 2017

20) Station Road from the police station


Right after I returned from Prague I didn’t start sketching the town again straightaway. What I did do was to start going out in my car to places like Brecon, Laugharne and Cardiff, and to make sketches there, using the same approach that I’d used for many of my sketches in Prague. By the time I sketched this one I’d come to the conclusion that I should be sketching whole scenes, which placed individual buildings within their true contexts. I should be sketching the town, not concentrating on the pretty stuff to the exclusion of everything else. I should be using figures where possible. If you compare this one with sketch 7, my previous sketch of Station Road. This was sketched from the eastern end of the road, by the old police station

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...