Saturday 24 June 2017

25) Aberavon Beach, Mariners Quay - Line and Wash


Turning round on the spot on the vantage point from which I made the sketch with the cyclists, I made this line and wash sketch. The buildings on the right, collectively called Mariners Quay, are a residential development from the early noughties, which was partly built on the site formerly occupied by the Jersey Beach Hotel. I like Mariners Quay. The buildings do have a uniform quality, in terms of colour and style, but they have enough character to make them easy on the eye.

As a line and wash, I wouldn’t say that I’m completely happy with it, but then I never am with my watercolours. I think that I just don’t quite get colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...