Saturday 24 June 2017

24) Cyclists on Aberavon Beach


Both of the previous sketches were planned sketches, in the sense that I went to both places knowing that I was going to create a sketch, and pretty much what I was going to include in the sketch. This one wasn’t. It literally was a caught moment in time, when I had to work like the clappers to make these simplified sketches of the cyclists, and then sketch in where they had been once they’d gone. It’s an impulse sketch, and so much the better for it. This is the eastern end of the promenade of Aberavon Beach, and it’s a great place to cycle. Having the steelworks in the background is an added bonus as well.

You can see that this sketch marks a development in my attitude to what I choose to sketch, and the ways I choose to show the town, since it’s not about a man made structure at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...