Saturday 24 June 2017

3) Man Of Steel and new Railway Station - Pencil Sketch

This panoramic sketch shows Sebastien Boyesen's statue "Man of Steel" as well as the newly rebuilt Railway Station. I returned to HB pencil for this sketch. As with "Mortal Coil" this is another tribute to steel, and the men of the town who work it. I do like Sebastien Boyesen's public works of art in Port Talbot, and there's also a brilliant one in Newport too - however Man of Steel does remind me a bit of Expressionist official Russian Art from the Soviet era. I wish I could say that I like the new station. If I did say that, then my nose would start growing, as I'm afraid I don't like it at all. Apart from the fact that it just looks completely out of place, there's the acres of grey bricks which dull the soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...