Saturday 24 June 2017

26) Boat high and dry, Aberavon. Line and wash


If you walk along the path from the plate girder bridge up onto the Beach, you pass the estuary of the River Afan, and you can often see boats upon it. This boat was on a sort of platform affair, out of the River, and I liked the look of it, so I couldn’t resist sitting down and making a quick ink sketch with a couple of watercolour washes over the top of it. I ignored a few stares from cyclists and dog walkers as I did so. I think that this is one of my better attempts at applying watercolour to an ink sketch. The greenery is actually quite appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...