Saturday 24 June 2017

23) The Three Cranes and ship


There’s a pathway which runs from the Aberavon end of the plate girder bridge, all the way uphill onto the promenade of Aberavon Beach. It passes by the docks, and one of the most iconic sights in Port Talbot, the three massive cranes which unload the ships carrying ore for the steelworks. I’ve always liked the 3 cranes, although I’ve never actually sketched the three of them before. . If you look on the bottom left, you’ll see I’ve also included a small figure of a lady who was walking her dog at the time. She would also feature in the next sketch. She works well for me, in as much as she give a sense of the massive scale of the cranes and the ship, especially when you consider that she was a lot nearer than they were when I made the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...