Saturday 24 June 2017

8) Jubilee House, Victoria Road

I'm really glad that I did actually get around to sketching one of Port Talbot's modern buildings, just to show that I can appreciate modern architecture, when it gives me something worth appreciating. Jubilee House, a collection of flats above a shop premises, stands on the site of the former Vivian Park Hotel in Victoria Road. I did actually paint the hotel in acrylics once. If I'm honest I probably preferred the hotel, but this building at least works to attract my interest. The rooflines and balconies, and the fact that it's on a human scale despite being such a large building are all things that I tried to bring out in this sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...