Sunday 25 June 2017

44) Former Bryn Siriol Senior Citizens' Centre, Cymmer


I knew nothing about this building when I made this sketch other than the fact that I recalled passing it as I drove through Cymmer a couple of years ago, and thought it would be a good subject for a sketch. What it is, is the former Bryn Siriol Senior Citizen’s Centre which closed several years ago. It began life, I believe, as rural council offices, and has always served the community of Cymmer in one civic role or another. From the sketch it looks in quite decent nick, but sadly seems quite dilapidated when you get up closer to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...